How to fold an American Flag
FOLDING THE AMERICAN FLAG
- Two persons, facing each other, hold the flag waist high and horizontally between them.
- The lower striped section is folded, lengthwise, over the blue field. Hold bottom to top and edges together securely.
- Fold the flag again, lengthwise, folded edge to open edge.
- A triangular fold is started along the length of the flag, from the end to the heading by bringing the striped corner of the folded edge to meet the open edge.
- The outer point is turned inward parallel with the open edge, forming a second triangle.
- Repeat the triangular folding until the entire length of the flag is folded.
- When the flag is completely folded only the triangular blue field should be visible.