Vermont Flag History
Adopted: June 1, 1923
Vermont Flag Design: The Vermont state coat of arms on a field of azure.
The Vermont flag has a blue background with the coat of arms in the center. This has been the official design of the Vermont state flag since 1923. Before then, soldiers in the Civil War used this design for some of their flags.
§ 495. Vermont State Flag
The Flag of the State shall be blue with the Coat of Arms of the State thereon.
§ 491. Coat of Arms; Crest; Motto and Badge
The Coat of Arms, Crest, Motto and Badge of the State shall be and are described as follows:
(1) Coat of Arms. Green, a landscape occupying half of the shield; on the right and left, in the background, high mountains, blue; the sky, yellow. From near the base and reaching nearly to the top of the shield, arises a pine tree of the natural color and between three erect sheaves, yellow, placed diagonally on the right side and a red cow standing on the left side of the field.
(2) Motto and Badge. On a scroll beneath the shield, the motto: Vermont; Freedom and Unity. The Vermonter's badge: two pine branches of natural color, crossed between the shield and scroll.
(3) Crest. A buck's head, of natural color, placed on a scroll, blue and yellow.
§ 492. Design of Coat of Arms
The Secretary of State shall keep in the archives of his or her office a representation of the Coat of Arms according to the foregoing description.
NOT ALL VERMONT STATE FLAGS ARE THE SAME!
Extra care is taken in making these flags. Flag designs are researched to ensure that they are authentic and current. We use sturdy fabrics, allowing the flags to be flown outdoors, indoors, or carried in parades.
Constructed with 100% Heavy Duty Nylon (digital dyed) ★ Beautiful, brilliant colors ★ Resistant to wear and tear of sun & rain ★ Complete with heavy canvas heading & brass grommets to meet the most demanding commercial and residential uses.
- All outdoor flags are finished with heavy duty thread, polyester heading, brass grommets and four needle fly hem
- State flags constructed to precise specifications
- Flies in the slightest breeze
- Proudly Made In The USA
- Beautiful Presentation - This Vermont Flag makes an excellent gift for friends, parents or to PROUDLY display on your HOME or OFFICE.
HEAVY DUTY NYLON OUTDOOR STATE FLAGS WITH SOLAR SHIELD
Our most popular and versatile outdoor Vermont flag, USA Flag Co. flags offer the optimum combination of elegance and durability for every purpose. The 100% nylon material provides a rich, lustrous appearance. Our flags have superb wearing strength due to the material’s superior strength-to-weight ratio, and will fly in the slightest breeze. State flags are finished with strong, polyester canvas headings and spurred brass grommets and four needle fly hem. The result is a flag that will be flown with pride year after year.
- Rich, Vivid Colors
- Mildew Resistant
- Sheds Water
- Lightweight for Flyability
Add this Vermont Flag to your cart for Immediate Delivery Now.